The process for certifying your products involves a fast yet comprehensive series of procedures which are designed to be quick and efficient. The process includes the following steps:
- Complete and return the attached application.
- Upon review, KSA will examine areas of concern that may exist.
- Once the concerns have been addressed, KSA will dispatch a rabbi to visit your facility and determine what steps will be necessary to grant kosher certification. The rabbi will be looking to see the following:
- That all of the ingredients appearing on the initial application are indeed the same as the ingredients found in your storeroom.
- The condition of the facility. Cleanliness, storage practices and production methods are of vital importance.
- In the event that there are non-kosher ingredients (used in the manufacture of products that will not be certified by us), the rabbi will determine if there are any risks of cross contamination or compatibility issues and address them accordingly.
- KSA prepares and mails a contractual agreement when all necessary requirements have been met.
- A kosher certification letter is granted upon receipt of a signed contract and payment. The certification fee is based on low administrative overhead, initial set-up costs, travel expenses (if any), and supervision costs. Under no circumstances is the fee linked to a percentage of sales or labels printed.
This, then, entitles your company to display the federally registered symbol of KSA on any of your products or facilities certified in the letter.
Although it is difficult to estimate the certification fee prior to our receiving the completed application, nevertheless, as previously mentioned, KSA is committed to remaining flexible and economical. Many of the companies that are certified will tell you, kosher doesn''t cost…it pays!
Take the first step today and contact us now. We’re looking forward to it!
To Become Kosher Certified Click Here
Choosing the right Kosher agency:
Choosing a kosher agency is a lot like choosing a financial advisor: the relationship is built on trust, ethics, quality and professionalism. Here are some specific factors to consider when searching for kosher certification:
|Knowledge. In addition to general kosher expertise, ask about an agency’s knowledge of your particular market, product(s) or service(s).
||Security. Be sure your company’s data will be secure, while your certificates and kosher status updates will be easily accessible for you and your customers.
|Experience. Implementing a kosher program can present unique needs for each company and their plant. Experience plays a vital role in being able to lay a solid foundation for your kosher program.
||Integrity. Today’s shortcut is tomorrow’s liability. If a supervising rabbi offers short-term shortcuts that do not completely address long-term concerns, look elsewhere.
|Acceptibility. Consider the agency’s reliability among kosher authorities and its symbol recognition among consumers. Broad acceptance in both spaces means considerably greater value.
||Service. Swift and responsive attention to your account and compliance needs is essential throughout production. Is the agency equipped to provide it?
Request More Information:
If you are interested in receiving KSA kosher certification please call: 310-282-0444 or Email Us and we''ll contact you shortly:
New Company Application:
If you''d like to "speed up" the certification process, you can download and complete the New Company Application Form and fax or mail it to the number or address printed on the New Company form.